Saturday, June 4, 2022

Carol Ronning


Just spend an hour with Carol Ronning, and you will be energetically uplifted by the Love spilling out of this stunning Woman of Value. This Southern lady was born in Little Rock, Arkansas in 1945. Carol’s daddy Raymond was also born in a small town in Arkansas and he worked for the City as a heavy equipment operator.  Carol’s momma Maddie was a happy homemaker who did her best to keep Carol and her elder sister Bonnie dressed to shine no matter their income status.  Carol twinkled “When I was just 3 years old my daddy got saved and our family home literally changed into a “home sweet home”.   For two short years this Christian family lived in a state of bliss. Then just after her sister Bonnie got married and left home, tragedy struck. It was very traumatic for five year old Carol when her papa died.  “Home alone with momma, I remember that my heart would whimper when I overheard women whispering as I passed by ‘that’s the little girl who lost her dad”.  A short time later her mother remarried and her hard working momma began cleaning homes so that she could provide the best she could for her young daughter. Carol shared that she and her mom attended an extremely legalistic church. It was in this congregation that a bond of friendship grew between six people her own age.  Transparently Carol shared ‘I never ever wanted to disappoint my momma, but even though I attended church, I did not hear God's voice, or feel a personal connection with Jesus. “  At age 16 Carol  began dating Jerry. Before they both went off to separate colleges,  they opted to get engaged.  Carol attended “Ouachita Baptist College” and due to lack of funds, she dropped out after her first year.  Laughing Carol giggled “Jerry and I were both emotionally immature when we got married, but who isn’t at age 18”.  Carol recalls that the best thing that came out of her thirteen year marriage to Jerry was their two daughters, Kristen and Stephanie.   After six brief months of marriage, Carol began to experience regular verbal and physical abuse. Her husband’s job kept them on the move and the family ended up in Chicago. Jerry left Carol and the girls so after 13 years of torment,  in 1976 she got a divorce.  Her family wooed her back to Little Rock where she delighted in working for a great Law Firm. When the girls were age 13 and 11, their dad coached them to return to Chicago.  Carol beamed “It was a gift from God to be employed for a Transportation Company. I was the first female employed 
in Chicago for local and national sales. It boosted my confidence as I excelled in my career.”  Through work, Carol met Joseph Sutor and in 1981 they got married and they thrived together in Chicago. After four years of marriage, in 1985 Carol recalls that in the midst of a family crisis, she was home alone, on her knees crying out with her bible open to Ephesians 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—
  not by works, so that no one can boast.After all the years of feeling that she could never measure up to the legal definition of being a good Christian, this verse hugged her heart! “While in tears, the Holy Spirit sealed my heart and I wept in the holy Presence of God as His love poured into my soul.”  As empty nesters, in 1999 Joe and Carol moved to Florida and they worked as a team in real estate. “I would get the listings and Joe would find the buyers, but I preferred my career in Transportation.”  Carol’s beloved momma went home to Jesus in 2004 and in her grief she sought and received counseling from Joy Poteet.  “God has never left me, He has been faithful to place the right person in my life to speak Truth when I desperately needed it.”  After living in Florida for eleven years, and for their 25th wedding anniversary, Joe and Carol came to Lake Chapala to check it out.  The pace of Lakeside refreshed and encouraged them both. They returned to Florida to make arrangements for a major move. While living in Florida Carol read a series of six books by Neta Jackson. Based 
on "The Yada Yada Prayer Group”, Carol was led to begin the first Yada Yada group in Mexico. 
They quickly sold their home and in 2007 they moved to Ajijic. With her God given gift of hospitality, God brought women from all walks of life to attend monthly meetings in her home.  “God is always at work preparing us in advance for a future we may not have invited. In book one the group gets down, in book 2 they get real, in book  3 they learn tough love, by book 4 they get caught up, an in book 5 they get rolling in their own God ordained ministries. Little did I know how the women in my group would become pillars of faith for me to lean on.” In 2009 Carol’s husband Joe was diagnosed with cancer. After 30 years of marriage, in 2012 Joe went home to Jesus. God is faithful and He knows what we need before we ask, AMEN. “An extraordinary woman from the Yada Yada group stepped into my grief and lifted me up.”  Her sister-in-Christ Amy drove Carol and her dog Stosh to Colorado to be near her daughter Stephanie. “I bought a condo in Colorado, but I missed my life in Mexico.
My daughter was convinced that I needed to join EHarmony and  meet someone.”  With reluctance, Carol joined EHarmony and in 2013 she met Dan Ronning, her current husband. Hallelujah, we are all blessed that this amazing couple trusted God, sold their properties and moved back to Lakeside in 2015.Carol’s life reflects the heart of Jesus for all people.  Her Yada Yada Ministry has been re-established and women from every denomination now meet in her home every 2nd Wednesday at noon. One scripture that particularly speaks to Carol is “ For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11-13 During this interview we read “ Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law.  To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God’s law but am under Christ’s law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. 1 Corin 9:19-22.  Aug 14, 2019 was the final YADA YADA meeting hosted by Carol.

1 comment:

  1. Carol Ronning cell 720-584-3792 EMAIL: carolsutor@icloud.com

    ReplyDelete