Monday, September 4, 2023

Elizabeth Bellon

Elizabeth is Rabbi Manuel's daughter, and she is married to Claude, who is in school to become a Messianic Rabbi. Elizabeth was born into a Catholic family in Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mx. After her mother Celia encountered Jesus through a Christian missionary group, her mother was baptized, received the Holy Spirit and was miraculously healed from an illness. Secretly, for ten years Celia took Elizabeth and her sister and brother to a Christian church in Guadalajara. Elizabeth accepted Jesus and got baptized at the age of 5.  During her youth, her father was a source of pain at home because of his excessive drinking. As a result of 10 years of fervent prayer by her mother, Elizabeth's father eventually surrendered his life to Jesus,  got baptized and immediately replaced his thirst for alcohol with a hunger for the Word of God. Elizabeth was a witness to the hand and power of God in her dad's immediate transformation. Her dad, Rabbi Manuel Hernandez was called by God to minister to the Jewish people of Mexico.
He finished seminary, got a Master's in theology and as a Rabbi established the 'Yeshua Ben David' Synagogue in Guadalajara. In 2018 the Synagogue celebrated it's 31st anniversary. Our Father in heaven hears our prayers and He responds in ways that we could not even imagine. In 1986 at the age of 19 Elizabeth entered La Universidad Autónoma de Guadalajara to become a doctor. "I was swept up into the world as a very innocent girl. I came from a traditional Mexican family who all attended church." During her internship in Ensenada, Elizabeth met and married a man who was also enrolled in school to become a doctor.  My husband said he believed in God, but his life choices did not match his words. Elizabeth graduated Medical School and received her license to practice medicine in 1992.  When she was only 23 years old, in 1993 Elizabeth gave birth to a son which she proudly named Isai.
Her son was named after Jesse the Father of King David. Isai grew up comparing his mother's walk with Jesus and his dad's walk through a world of drugs and alcohol.  As there were no Christian schools in Guad at that time, her son attended Catholic schools. His teachers were confounded by all of Isai's questions! "Why do you put food out for dead people on the Day of the Dead? They are dead!  Why do you pray to statues when you can pray to a living God?" It was such a blessing that Elizabeth's childhood friend Fernanda was a Christian. Fernanda attended grammar school, high school and medical school with Elizabeth and Fernanda was there to comfort and give wise counsel when it was desperately needed. In the words of Elizabeth "As I was pursuing my way, not His, I would not listen to God during the turbulence of my marriage. After years of being stubborn and self-sufficient, I finally  broke down and cried out to God 'You freed Your people from slavery in Egypt, why must I remain enslaved to this man I married?  My mother prayed for my papa for 10 years and I saw how You transformed him!  Now I have been praying for 20 years and my husband remains the same!  Why? Lord how can I alone protect my son? I want a family for my son. Please Lord, I want to meet You in Your holiness and I ask that You mold me as my Creator shapes the clay"   Fernanda saw that her friend was struggling with what to do about her marriage and asked Elizabeth "Do you think that you can care for your son better than God?  Why don't you trust God with Isai?" These questions stirred the heart of Elizabeth and she knelt down to beg for God's mercy. She asked for God to forgive her for not truly trusting Him with all her heart. Elizabeth then entrusted her one and only son to her Savior, to the God of all power and greatness. She had waited until her son was 18 years of age to talk to her son about her desire to get a divorce. After an emotional, compelling encounter with God, Elizabeth told
her son that she could not remain married to his dad. Isai said "But Mama, I cannot leave my dad, he will die. You have God, my grandparents, and uncles, but my dad only has me."  With her heart breaking Elizabeth called Uber and went to go live with her dad and brother. "I had left Egypt and went to the promised land.  Even though I was suffering a clinical depression, I trusted that God knew my heart. I believe that my heavenly Father always keeps His promises."  Elizabeth lived with her parents and brother for a year and then one day her family decided that it was time for Elizabeth to open up her own Medical practice in Chapala.  Her brother paid her rent, food and he also leased the office space where Elizabeth now practices natural medicine."One day God brought a man to my herbal store. Claude Bellon, a man of the Catholic faith, a man who God had chosen for me.  My parents were hesitant to give us their blessing because Claude was older, a Catholic, a diabetic. Claude came to the Abundant Life Church and my pastor baptized him. We trusted God and within 6 months we got married."  It is the tradition and culture of Mexico to first have a civic ceremony, then a church ceremony.  A judge in Jocotopec came to the house of her brother and performed the civil service on March 15, 2014. Elizabeth's best friend Fernanda, her spouse, and Elizabeth's brother, her uncles and Claude's family were there to witness. At about 7:30 pm all the guests left accept Fernanda. After midnight, the phone rang and it was Isai's dad.
He told Elizabeth that their 20 year old son had been in a car accident on his way to Manzanillo.  Elizabeth was not alone, God had given her a loving husband Claude. Within hours Fernanda, her spouse and Mr and Mrs Bellon drove to Colima to visit Isai. On March 21, 2014, just six days later, Isai went home to be with Jesus for eternity.  Elizabeth recounts the story, not as a tragedy, but as the mercy and grace of God.  Three months later on June 14, 2014 Claude and Elizabeth were surrounded by family and friends as they exchanged vows at the Abundant Life Church in San Antonio.  Elizabeth's brother gave her away on her wedding day.  Eventually, after a time, her parents fully and proudly embraced their son-in-law. Today Rabbi Manuel is Claude's mentor and all of God's people in the family of Elizabeth are rejoicing in what the Lord has done! "Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the one Israel praises. In You our ancestors put their trust; they trusted and You delivered them. To You they cried out and were saved; in You they trusted and were not put to shame." Psalm 22:3 ------- CLICK ON PICS TO ENLARGE.

1 comment:

  1. Bendito sea nuestro Dios por la vida de Claude y de Liz sus vidas son la obra de Dios y testimonio vivo del poder de Dios también si infinito amor por sus ovejas perdidas de la casa de Israel El sabe escojer las almas de siervos dignos para servir Dios OS bendiga

    ReplyDelete