Thursday, September 7, 2023

Karyn Pricer

Meet Mrs. Karyn Pricer! She is a flaming hope, a Woman of Value that teaches by her incredible example! An amazing secret revealed, Karyn was actually born on March 23, 1972 in San Diego, CA! "The truth is that my grandpa requested that his first born grandkid would have her tiny feet  immersed in Texas soil. Obediently, my Naval dad followed those instructions and I now usually just say 'I'm from Texas.' Because of my dad's medical training in the Navy, when he retired, he moved the family to Nederland, Texas where he worked in the cardiac unit of a local hospital." The family attended a non-denominational church just 20 minutes away in Beaumont. "When I was six years old I was compelled to go forward and accept Jesus as my Savior. My family was always at church and I have always felt that God was my friend. I got baptized at the age of 15, but my relationship with my Lord began at age 6." The Pastor of their church was accredited by the Assembly of God and from the age of 12-18 Karyn was involved in the "Fine Arts" ministry of her church. Karyn dramatically performed and sang at the District, Regional and National levels of "Fine Arts". The big difference between  "America's Got Talent."  and "Fine Arts" is that all glory is given to God by the various gifted-by-God-students performing.  When I asked about how she met her husband Andy, Karyn absolutely beamed! "In 1989 as I was sitting in church with my cousin, I turned back to look and my cousin said 'that is Andy Pricer'. I was only 17 when I first saw Andy and heard his name. It was like I felt God's glory come on me. I kept looking at my arms and legs to see what was on me. God's voice was unmistakable! 'this is the man you will marry, but not yet.'.  I started telling my family and friends that I was going to
marry Andy. Without ever talking to him, I began praying for him every night. I even autographed my school books as 'Karyn Pricer'. We attended the same church but we were always involved in different ministries. A year passed, and without contact or conversation I was convicted in my spirit that Andy would be my husband. Praying and quietly stalking him, I sat in a congregation of about 1,000 where I could see him. "YWAM came to our church in 1989 and I was blessed to witness Andy's conversion. Only thing is, Andy left with YWAM on a mission trip aboard the 'Mercy Ship'. From January to May of 1990 Andy sailed to the Dominican Republic and I was at home praying for him. I was 17 and in love with a man that I did not know." One night as she was babysitting for Carolyn, the church College and Career Teacher, she was asked to attend a Church Retreat for the graduates. Karyn did not show any interest until Carolyn said "Oh by the way, Andy Pricer will be there." Karyn went but still she had no contact with Andy. In July Andy worked as a Church Camp Counselor with Karyn's sister and her boyfriend Jason.  Jason says to Andy "Hey I hear you will be my brother-in-law someday." Andy was stunned, he had no clue who Karyn was.  "I was working in retail at the mall and my mom calls me and informs 'Andy Pricer called and he is looking for you!' My eyeballs were like saucers." Earlier in the year Karyn had accepted a casual Prom date with a guy named Jerry on the condition that he understood that this was just a date! They went to the dance and then Jerry left town.  Well on the Friday night that her sister, Jason and Andy showed up at the mall....SHOCK... so did Jerry! Andy had brought her a card and a yellow rose for friendship. Karyn describes "I was freakin! My mom was hosting a party back at the house for the church choir and I rode home with my sis,
Jason and Andy with Jerry following in his car!  When we arrived at home I pulled Jerry aside and told him bluntly 'I will not let you mess this up for me! I prayed Andy into my life and you need to go!" Karyn also shared that as a people pleaser it was very bold of her to ask anybody to go! Well Jerry left and Karyn dated Andy and within four months they were engaged! Karyn was 19 when she married the man she prayed for! The wedding was on August 2, 1991 and their daughter Brittanie was born in 1992. Hunter was born in 1995 and Julia was born in 1996. Her husband Andy became an RN and their family lived in Beaumont.  "My mother-in-law Nelda is much like me. She is outgoing and dramatic and Nelda and her husband Roger were attending a Revival in Brownsville. Nelda kept pressing that Karyn and Andy should go, but it was a 6 hour drive!  When Nelda shared that Roger, a very conservative and reserved Psychologist was laid out in the parking lot laughing in the Spirit, that got Karyn's attention! On August 30, 1996 Andy and Karyn attended the Revival for two nights. The Brownsville Ministry Bible School was packed with over 2,500 people! On the 2nd night Andy ran to the alter and he has not been the same since!  That Revival verified the call we felt toward the mission field.  They moved to Pensacola, Florida and Andy attended the Bible School on Tuesday - Friday from 1997-1999. "Andy would come home all on fire! He was feeling called to Mexico and I was not interested at all.  I had studied German and it just did not fit my plan. Then I heard God ask 'Will you go to Mexico?' I felt so much love in that question I began to weep, then His promises flooded in and I responded 'Yes Lord!"  Andy graduated from the Brownsville Revival School of Ministry in May 1999. In August 1999 the Pricer's were the first missionaries that Brownsville ever sent out.  By the year 2000 Andy was preaching in Spanish and they worked with the indigenous people in Purepecha, Mixtecos, and Huicholes.  Andy and Karyn opened a Bible School and held church services. "All our children were raised in ministry and it was my purposed prayer that our kids would never feel like they were second. They each left home in Mexico after the age of 18 to fulfill God's plan for them" Their first born Brittanie graduated from the Bethel Supernatural School of Ministry and is currently enrolled at Harvard. Hunter attended a Community College in Dallas and he is currently enrolled in a Police Academy. Julia graduated from Harvest School of Missions with Heidi Baker in Mozambique, and since spent 2 months in China. Julia is currently living in Dallas, Tx. When I asked about what they have witnessed God do through their
ministry in Mexico Karyn said "There is so much! One story is about Leo. We first met when he came to translate at "Reino de Padre" church in Guadalajara.  I had been praying about who God would have to add to our teaching staff.  I did not know anything about Leo and then I heard God say 'Ask him'. Shocked, I asked around about Leo and then obediently approached Leo "I do not know you, but would you be willing to be a part of our school as a mentor or leader?" Leo burst out crying and told me that while worshiping he had asked the Lord if there is any way he could serve in  Mexico, he would abandon the call to serve in Canada!"  Since that time Leo has adopted Karyn and Andy as his spiritual parents. Karyn glowed when she told me "Leo was praying for a 6 year old girl that had 2 rods in her back. With scoliosis of the spine, she endured several operations to correct her spine. Her legs were uneven when Leo prayed over her. Her leg grew out, her back straightened out and she could run and jump for the first time in her life!" At their school, Andy and Karyn train Christians that wherever they are they can be in ministry.  They equip all of God's ordinary people to use the power God has anointed them with to do His will, wherever they are. It is God's will that we all minister to one another.  "You don't have to go on a mission trip to find lost or hurting people in this world."  Just like Jesus did, Karyn and Andy teach by example.  "We tell them about Jesus, we take them in the street and show them the power of Jesus, then we ask them to pray, to speak words of knowledge over people, their confidence is built up, and they do it too!  We duplicate ourselves and the Word of God spreads!"  In 2018 Karyn and Andy flew to the Philippines to pray with a group of missionaries there. To support what God is doing in Mexico click this link  Fire International Missionaries Karyn and Andy Pricer,  Karyn is a gifted musician, wife, mother and whimsical witness for Christ. I am honored and thrilled to interview Karyn and eventually join her in a street ministry in Guadalajara. This couple travels to bring revival and raise up disciples of Jesus Christ. The Pricers have touched hundreds by the love that Jesus pours through them. Their mission's covering name was changed to "Fire International" and in August 2019 the Pricer's will have been in Mexico for 20 years ministering in various ways.A picture tells a thousand words! These are the words from a youth that participated in a recent outreach.  Click image to enlarge.
"Taking risks is not always easy; specially when you’re trying to approach a society that has been rejected and judged by the church for so long! People thanking us for “doing this” but honestly I thought was necessary to thank them for not rejecting us and our message; as I said, taking risks is not always easy.A man i prayed for, told me: -“this is what we need to restore our country; if we can be restored as individuals, we can restore our nation”.. I was overwhelmed by his clarity. The kingdom is here, to heal and hug and embrace those who feels no one cares about them. Legs growing, back pain gone, prayers for peace and rest, “Tattoo interpretations”, this was not the first time, but definitely was the most amazing one!!! Keep up with all the unique FUN ways the Pricers use to spread the Fire. Check out the Pricer current FIRE NEWSLETTER  May the JOY of the LORD get all over YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment