Sunday, July 9, 2023

Miriam Ruiz "Mia"

This amazing lady was born in New York on November 25, 1955 and she was raised in the Bronx.  I was absolutely fascinated to hear how God has used Mia's tenacious spirit to accomplish much. Her parents, Philip and Sylvia Fogel raised their daughter in the traditional Jewish ways. "I know that my heavenly Father has had His hand on me my entire life. While obediently attending services in the synagogue I never felt the Presence of God." Her family home was shared by her one brother Harry, and their grandmother Rose. Mia describes her grandmother as a sad, bitter woman who needed to control her environment. "Living at home with her constant gloom was no picnic." Mia further explained "Grandma Rose was emotionally unavailable and lived as a tormented woman because of her inability to forget. You see my grandma's Jewish parents were exterminated in the Poland death camps." With very little emotional or financial support, very early on, Mia chose to not judge people. Mia relied on God and trusted in His guidance, provision and strength. "Do not judge, or you too will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you." Matthew 7:1  While in high school Mia began to study French and eventually excelled so greatly that she won a scholarship. She enrolled at Montclair State College in New Jersey to major in French and then felt led to get her teaching credentials. While in school, at the age of 19 she married outside the Jewish faith to a wonderful Mexican man named Amado, which means loved one. Amado lavished Mia with love and together they had three sons. Rick now age 40, Ron now age 37 and Matt age 36.  After Mia's three kids were born she returned to school and got her teaching degree.  Her first job as a bilingual teacher was in New Jersey. "Eventually I was recruited
by a hospital in Texas to be the Director of Education. The hospital became my laboratory. While in Houston, for three years  I experimented and used various programs I developed for the nurses, and doctors. While running the Wellness Center, I also hosted a radio talk show called "Get Healthy". Well the economy tanked in 1985 and Mia and family moved to Florida. Her husband worked in construction and Mia worked briefly at a Teaching Institute in Orlando.  God then opened the door to Disney where Mia was hired to teach motivational seminars on customer service. "One day a satisfied client suggested that I go out on my own, so I did and my company was simply called Mia Consulting.  I had a blast traveling all across the USA and Canada until my husband got sick in 2000. My mission was then to take care of him. I took a job as the Director of the Learning Center of Jacksonville and took care of Amado until he died in 2003. It was during this time that I began to attend the non-denominational Beit Israel Messianic Temple. "I felt the Presence and love of God there. During a Passover, Seder service, as I listened to the Rabbi speak about Yeshua, the Lord revealed that His Way was a path of unity, not separation. For the first time I understood the Oneness, and the unconditional love of Jesus for all people." In January of 2016, after 35 years of teaching and raising three sons it was time to retire. But where? With a mixed response of 'go for it' and 'apprehension' from her boys, Mia chose to move to Mexico. Mia felt God's nudge and encouragement so she packed up her green chevy which she named 'Sparky'.  Mia tried living in Mazatlan then Puerto Vallarta before she finally
nested in Ajijic.  "I have always felt divinely guided."  Early in 2017 Mia began feeling short of breath. Under Medicare she drove back to Texas where the Cardiologist reported that she needed open heart surgery to replace a valve. With her bold faith Mia told the doctor "I'm going back to Mexico for 6 months and I will call you if I need you!" On the way home she prayed "God I need You to show me what to do."  Mia tells that she heard a voice say 'chelation'. Long story short she finds a clinic in Guadalajara named La Vida Sana (healthy life) and over a period of 3 months she received 12 chelation treatments. Before the cost of chelation, Mia had placed a deposit towards a trip to Israel scheduled for October 2018.  Determined and full of faith, in August 2018 Mia drives back to Baylor where she gets the good news "You do not need surgery!"  Mia also shared that during this valley she clung to Psalm 23. "He gave me new strength."  It was August 8, 2018, which was the deadline to make the final payment for the Israel tour.  She was driving back from Texas and praying "Lord if it is Your will that I go to Israel, then You have got to find a way for me to go." Mia was hungry, broke and exhausted when she climbed into bed. The next day she gets a call from Priscilla. "A lovely couple here in Ajijic have paid the balance owed on your trip to Israel." With tears in her eyes Mia shared "God had demonstrated His faithfulness so many times in my life. When I got that call I just sat there shaking, totally overcome by His love!" Over her lifetime, this beautiful lady has generously given through her gift of teaching. Mia has lived this promise "For if you give, you will get! Your gift will return to you in full and overflowing measure, pressed down, shaken together to make room for more, and running over. Whatever measure you use to give-large or small- will be used to measure what is given back to you." Luke 6:38 - This Jewel will walk with Jesus in Israel!

No comments:

Post a Comment